Join 834 other followers
- Timeless Portraits of the Oklahoma Panhandle
- Cities with a lengthy formal, original, or ceremonial name
- Applying facets of Vastu Shastra to address climate change
- Favorite canyons and gorges visited
- A single sidewalk can make a huge difference
- Add “The Planning Commission” podcast to your agenda
- 15 years after the tornado – Planning lessons from Greensburg, Kansas
- The planning profession could use some anarchy!
- Is Burning Man making a mistake at Fly Ranch?
- Incorporating mass timber in airport terminal design
- 1,729,057 hits
Tag Archives: urban
A trend in arterial roadway building, especially in highly urbanized areas and locations of rough terrain, has been to construct expressways offshore, which largely parallel the coastline. There are several reasons for choosing these locations for highway construction, which include: … Continue reading
The following list developed by hotspotrentals.com identifies the hottest inner city neighborhoods around the country in 2017. Having been to Midtown Detroit back in late August and seen how exciting it is, one can only imagine the vibrancy and hipness of the … Continue reading
The following is my list of cities and towns with the word “urban” contained in their name. Surprisingly, there are only seven that were identified, with Urbana being easily the most common with four. Iowa and Ohio share honors for … Continue reading
Here’s the list of the largest suburbs (by population) in North America. A minimum threshold of 150,000 residents was utilized. The population for all communities in the United States and Puerto Rico are 2013 Census Bureau estimates. For other nations, … Continue reading
As a follow-up to terms for “rural,” here’s my list of positive and demeaning terms for “urban.” Asphalt jungle Built Built environment Built-up Citified Concrete jungle Conurbation Cosmopolitan Dense Downtown Inner City Manhattanized Megalopolis Metropolis Metropolitan Micropolitan Midtown Overbuilt Sprawl … Continue reading
In response to a cartoon I posted yesterday on panethos.wordpress.com, (see above) a comment was made that planners are one of the reasons why so many cities look-alike. That was a very thought-provoking and rather disconcerting response. With reflection, I … Continue reading
This is the single most stunning night-time satellite image yet. Below is City #26 for your consideration. Have not received a correct response on City #25 to this point.