- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- Since when are fire trucks incapable of backing up?
- “Bigotsburg of the week” – Forrest City, Arkansas
- Bigotsburg of the week – Shreveport, Louisiana
- North American high-rise construction crane boomtowns
- Russian cities that arose from the Gulag era
- 671,749 hits
Tag Archives: urban
The following is my list of cities and towns with the word “urban” contained in their name. Surprisingly, there are only seven that were identified, with Urbana being easily the most common with four. Iowa and Ohio share honors for … Continue reading
Here’s the list of the largest suburbs (by population) in North America. A minimum threshold of 150,000 residents was utilized. The population for all communities in the United States and Puerto Rico are 2013 Census Bureau estimates. For other nations, … Continue reading
As a follow-up to terms for “rural,” here’s my list of positive and demeaning terms for “urban.” Asphalt jungle Built Built environment Built-up Citified Concrete jungle Conurbation Cosmopolitan Dense Downtown Inner City Manhattanized Megalopolis Metropolis Metropolitan Micropolitan Midtown Overbuilt Sprawl … Continue reading
In response to a cartoon I posted yesterday on panethos.wordpress.com, (see above) a comment was made that planners are one of the reasons why so many cities look-alike. That was a very thought-provoking and rather disconcerting response. With reflection, I … Continue reading