- Food Truck Names Based on Musicians or Songs
- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- 1,008,224 hits
Tag Archives: Vancouver
When we think of city walls, some of the first images that come to mind are imposing structures erected as a protective or defensive barrier. More often than not, city walls were constructed from stone, masonry, brick, and/or concrete. Unfortunately, … Continue reading
Here are photographs taken of Chinatown Friendship Gates in Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Victoria, Canada; as well as Seattle Washington during our recent train trip across Canada and the Pacific Northwest. In Winnipeg, there is an especially lovely Chinese Garden … Continue reading
In this post, I am referring to those rivers that have commercial airport runways running through, across, adjacent or within them. In a surprising number of locations in the United States and Canada, cities have utilized the riverine floodplain for siting … Continue reading
Below is a list of the 25 most transit-oriented cities in Canada based on data provided by MoneySense utilizing 2006 Census transit data. The percentage given represents the percent of commuters who utilize mass transit. As one can see, the race for the top spot … Continue reading