- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- 994,491 hits
Tag Archives: Vienna
At an impressive 820 feet high and 60 stories, the recently completed Tower 1 in Vienna’s Danube (Donau) City is the tallest building in Austria. Above and below are two images of the new building along the Danube.
For architects and designers alike, form and function play and important role in building design. Airport control towers should be no different. As they often are the first distant sign from ground level of an approaching airport, control towers help … Continue reading
Vivian Jeanette Kaplan’s book (Ten Green Bottles) about her parent’s harrowing escape from Nazi-controlled Vienna, Austria to Japanese-controlled Shanghai, China is a captivating and disturbing true story of one family’s efforts to escape Nazi aggression. The book primarily covers from the … Continue reading