Join 787 other subscribers
- Keeping Bisbee, Arizona bizarre!
- Geography of film and TV production hubs in the USA/Canada
- North America’s tallest bridge towers and pylons (Las torres y pilones de puentes más altos de América del Norte)
- Cities/suburbs should replan street networks for low-speed electric vehicles
- Celebrity bridges of the United States in pop culture
- Cricket grounds with the largest capacity in South Asia
- Cities most often destroyed in movies – both real and imagined
- Skyscrapers of 100 stories or more above ground
- Three superb and fresh reads about Los Angeles
- Finding “Los Angeles” amid the aura of “LA”
- 1,799,112 hits
Tag Archives: Vienna
At an impressive 820 feet high and 60 stories, the recently completed Tower 1 in Vienna’s Danube (Donau) City is the tallest building in Austria. Above and below are two images of the new building along the Danube.
For architects and designers alike, form and function play and important role in building design. Airport control towers should be no different. As they often are the first distant sign from ground level of an approaching airport, control towers help … Continue reading
Vivian Jeanette Kaplan’s book (Ten Green Bottles) about her parent’s harrowing escape from Nazi-controlled Vienna, Austria to Japanese-controlled Shanghai, China is a captivating and disturbing true story of one family’s efforts to escape Nazi aggression. The book primarily covers from the … Continue reading