- Cities and towns named for a river bend
- Favorites of 2020 thru the midyear
- Chris*craft flotilla
- Roadside Americana: Atomic age stops, sights, and oddities
- Tuesday Tunes: Favorite rock album titles
- “Punisher” by Phoebe Bridgers packs a powerful punch!
- Cities with three (3) or more matching letters in their name
- Up to 690,000 American’s died from our own nuke tests!
- American “Atomgrads” of the Cold War era…and beyond
- The rise of slender toothpick skyscrapers
- 1,212,138 hits
Tag Archives: weapons
This blogpost is a little adventure through the sights and sounds of America’s roadside culture to depict how the Atomic Age has impacted it since 1945. A whole variety of businesses have adopted the term “atomic” or some variation thereof … Continue reading
http:// During the Cold War, the Soviet Union developed a series of “Atomgrads“ or nuclear cities. Nearly all of these cities were newly planned and designed to provide housing and community services for the future scientists and their families … Continue reading
As a crucial part of the 20th Century, the early Atomic Age brought about profound changes to society and humankind. Not only were we faced with the horror of possible worldwide thermonuclear destruction for the first time, but we were … Continue reading
Though personally opposed to individual ownership of many of the weapons listed, I thought it would be interesting to identify those communities named for or including some form of weaponry in their name. Additions to the list are welcome. Atomic City, Idaho, … Continue reading