- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,007 hits
Tag Archives: wind
The first time I recall seeing a dust devil was in the Palouse Region of Washington State back in 2003. They were quite common on the arid rolling landscape and captivated all of our attention and intrigue. This past Saturday … Continue reading
Given the ongoing North American oil production boom, there will no doubt be a tendency by those without any foresight (and in Big Oil) to push for scaling back incentives for clean, renewable energy resources like wind and solar; funding … Continue reading
A poem I wrote in 1996 about one visual, but disappearing aspect of the Great Plains – the farm windmills. Timepiece of the Heartland Time is an abstract wonder Both cyclical and seasonal But in our nation’s heartland It’s measured … Continue reading