- Smaller Cities with Taller Skylines
- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- 1,007,720 hits
Tag Archives: Winnipeg
The following is another post in an ongoing series which highlights ten important planning lessons from various cities around the world. Below are the ten planning lessons I’ve learned from two visits to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – one in 2005 and the other … Continue reading
Here are photographs taken of Chinatown Friendship Gates in Toronto, Winnipeg, Vancouver, and Victoria, Canada; as well as Seattle Washington during our recent train trip across Canada and the Pacific Northwest. In Winnipeg, there is an especially lovely Chinese Garden … Continue reading
Below is a list of the 25 most transit-oriented cities in Canada based on data provided by MoneySense utilizing 2006 Census transit data. The percentage given represents the percent of commuters who utilize mass transit. As one can see, the race for the top spot … Continue reading
Finally, the National Hockey League (NHL) has corrected a terrible misdeed from 1996, when the Winnipeg Jets were transferred to Phoenix and became the Coyotes. Winnipeg’s beloved Jets were gone, as was a part of this great city’s soul. On … Continue reading