- The First Great Hub of the Northern Plains
- Two Towns and Two Death Tales of Billy the Kid
- Cities/Towns Named for Native American Indian Chiefs
- Hell’s Worth of Wickedness in One Cowtown
- A Town that was Born Through a Scam!
- Best and Worst Live Concerts Seen
- The Old West Personified in a Town’s Iconic Name
- Ominous Sounding Frontier Town Names
- The Town That Was Moved Four Times!
- Pendulum Urban Planning – The Wild Ride Between Pro and Anti-development
- 981,353 hits
Tag Archives: women
This excellent book by author Gene Nora Jessen chronicles the first Women’s National Air Race. Starting in Santa Monica, California, these 19 female aviation pioneers raced to Cleveland, Ohio a mere two months before the Stock Market Crash and the … Continue reading
I finished reading an interesting and enjoyable book last week that was written by Jennifer A. Hanson. Entitled, Hiking the Continental Divide Trail; One Woman’s Journey, the book documented a multi-month long hiking journey she and her husband (for most … Continue reading
I first published a variation of this blog post a couple of year’s ago. With my mother’s passing yesterday afternoon following a valiant and difficult struggle with Alzheimer’s, it seemed appropriate to post it again to honor her for all … Continue reading
Saw the newest Pixar movie, Brave yesterday afternoon in a theater stuffed to the rafters. While not my favorite Pixar movie of all time, it ranks up there with the best. An excellent film full of howling laughs, edge of … Continue reading
Here are some of my photos taken last night at the Michigan rally in support of vaginas held at the steps of the State Capitol in downtown Lansing. At least 5,000 people attended in support of Women’s Rights.
I am currently attending the Rally for Vaginas at the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing. This is easily the largest crowd I have seen at a capitol rally with at least 5,000 women and men of all ages attending. The … Continue reading
I was totally disgusted yesterday by the puritanical and prudish actions of the male-dominated Michigan House leadership for silencing two female legislators. As the War on Women has been raging for nearly two years, Representative Lisa Brown (no relation) expressed satirical … Continue reading