- “Bu-tte-ful” Town Names
- Should Struggling Cities Be Renamed?
- Amazing Songs from the First Half of 2019
- Ten+ Planning Lessons from Page, Arizona
- Cities and Towns that Get the Point!
- Ten Planning Lessons from Flagstaff, Arizona
- Tri-Cities and Quad Cities
- City/Town Names Based on Indian Band and Tribal Names
- America’s First Great Town Planners…
- An Impressive Park Memorializes When Quilts Saved a Town
- 1,006,458 hits
Tag Archives: World War II
I was quite surprised to learn recently how many sites of current civilian airports in the United States once were the location of a World War II prisoner of war camp. It was certainly not an aspect of American history I had ever … Continue reading
Vivian Jeanette Kaplan’s book (Ten Green Bottles) about her parent’s harrowing escape from Nazi-controlled Vienna, Austria to Japanese-controlled Shanghai, China is a captivating and disturbing true story of one family’s efforts to escape Nazi aggression. The book primarily covers from the … Continue reading