There are many fine examples of art deco or art moderne design. But to this planner, one the most impressive art deco structures anywhere is the former Knapp’s Department Store, which adorns south Washington Square in downtown Lansing, Michigan. Completed in 1938, the 190,000 square foot national register building will soon to reopen as the re-christened Knapp’s Office Centre. Congratulations to all the individuals, businesses, and organizations in Greater Lansing that made this successful historic preservation and adaptive reuse effort happen. Well done!
- Largest exclusively Esports gaming arenas
- World’s largest “boro” and “borough” suffix cities
- World’s largest “abad” suffix cities
- World’s largest “stadt” suffix cities
- World’s largest “ham” suffix cities
- The flailing Detroit Lions need to be renamed and rebranded!
- World’s largest “town” suffix cities
- World’s largest “polis” suffix cities
- Chronology & Geography of Civil Rights Wade-in Protests
- Chronology & Geography of Civil Rights Lunch Counter Sit-ins
- 1,074,488 hits