There are many fine examples of art deco or art moderne design. But to this planner, one the most impressive art deco structures anywhere is the former Knapp’s Department Store, which adorns south Washington Square in downtown Lansing, Michigan. Completed in 1938, the 190,000 square foot national register building will soon to reopen as the re-christened Knapp’s Office Centre. Congratulations to all the individuals, businesses, and organizations in Greater Lansing that made this successful historic preservation and adaptive reuse effort happen. Well done!
- World’s largest “City” cities
- Smallest “city” named community from each state
- Amazing and beautiful river bends from around the globe
- Cities and towns named for a river bend
- Favorites of 2020 thru the midyear
- Chris*craft flotilla
- Roadside Americana: Atomic age stops, sights, and oddities
- Tuesday Tunes: Favorite rock album titles
- “Punisher” by Phoebe Bridgers packs a powerful punch!
- Cities with three (3) or more matching letters in their name
- 1,218,200 hits