There are many fine examples of art deco or art moderne design. But to this planner, one the most impressive art deco structures anywhere is the former Knapp’s Department Store, which adorns south Washington Square in downtown Lansing, Michigan. Completed in 1938, the 190,000 square foot national register building will soon to reopen as the re-christened Knapp’s Office Centre. Congratulations to all the individuals, businesses, and organizations in Greater Lansing that made this successful historic preservation and adaptive reuse effort happen. Well done!
- Cities leading the autonomous vehicle (AV) revolution
- Ten planning lessons from San Luis Obispo (SLO)
- States with the most public EV charging outlets
- The nine volcanic sisters of San Luis Obispo
- Fictional cities of dystopia – Updated
- International Cities of Peace
- People can be so disgusting!
- Favorite dystopian literature and films
- “Here comes the sun”…cities
- My Amazon HQ2 prediction
- 684,625 hits