- Hint for guessing city #15 of 2016
- Abandoned commercial airports – ruins and reuses
- Answers to cities #5-#10
- Largest cities straddling the Prime (Greenwich) Meridian
- Can you guess Groundhog Day city #15 of 2016?
- Can you guess city #14 of 2016?
- Largest cities straddling the Equator
- Can you guess lucky city #13 of 2016?
- Can you guess city #12 of 2016?
- Hints to solving cities #10 and #11 of 2016
- 450,472 hits
Category Archives: books
Over the past few months my praise and love for the Traverse City area has been expressed in many posts here on Panethos, on Facebook, or in conversations with family and friends. But even paradise on Earth can have cloudy … Continue reading
This excellent book by author Gene Nora Jessen chronicles the first Women’s National Air Race. Starting in Santa Monica, California, these 19 female aviation pioneers raced to Cleveland, Ohio a mere two months before the Stock Market Crash and the … Continue reading
Yes folks, there is such a thing as the Hippie Trail. It is/was the overland route between Europe and South Asia in the 1960s and 1970s that lead those seeking spiritual and recreational enlightenment to places like Nepal and India. Travel … Continue reading
When a city’s name is mentioned in conversation or in writing, it can conjure up certain images based on one’s personal knowledge of the place. If one has not visited the city, the image is largely shaped by perceptions derived … Continue reading
While reading Dennis McNally’s thoroughly comprehensive, engrossing, and ultimately tragic biography of Jack Kerouac’s life, entitled Desolate Angel, I began thinking about the varied life paths taken by children from the same era. For example, my father and Beat Generation author … Continue reading